1998 Acura Model Changes At A Glance
9/1/1997 6:52:16 PM
As Acura's top-of-the-line luxury sedan, the 3.5RL provides both luxury and performance in a highly refined package.
- Revised suspension settings that yield sportier handling.
- The in-dash, satellite-linked Acura Navigation System (the first system of its kind to feature a touch screen display and rewriteable hard disk drive for easy map updates) is launched this fall in select midwest and southwest regions. Also, the system is now available on both RL trim levels.
- The 225-watt, eight-speaker, Acura/Bose(R) audio system is a standard feature for all RL models (previously available on the Premium model only).
- Heated mirrors is a standard feature for all RL models (previously available on the Premium model only).
- New standard features include a three-point safety belt for the center rear seating position, a revised alloy wheel design with a bright, machined finish and prewiring for a cellular phone.
- New exterior colors: Ruby Red Pearl, Crystal Blue Metallic and Athlete Gray Metallic.
TL Series of Touring Luxury Sedans
The TL balances the style, comfort and elegance of a luxury car with the performance and handling of a sophisticated touring sedan.
- The TL is available in two distinct models, the 2.5TL and 3.2TL. The Premium trim level for both models has been eliminated and more standard features have been added.
- In addition to the full complement of features previously available only on the Premium model, the 2.5TL now receives a leather-trimmed interior, power moonroof, keyless entry and heated mirrors as standard equipment.
- The 3.2TL now adds heated front seats and mirrors as standard equipment.
- New exterior color: Crystal Blue Metallic.
CL Series of Luxury Sports Coupes
The U.S.-designed, engineered and manufactured CL blends captivating design elements and innovative technology to deliver a gratifying driving experience.
- The CL receives a larger 2.3-liter, SOHC, VTEC engine, replacing the 2.2-liter version.
- The programmable, remote control Homelink(R) system is now available on the CL. It operates the garage door, entry gates, lights and more.
- New standard features include an immobilizer system and steering wheel-mounted audio controls.
- Styling updates include a new grille and machine-finished, alloy wheels with the 2.3CL and 3.0CL each featuring distinctive wheel designs.
- New exterior colors: Cardiff Blue-Green Pearl, Iced Teal Pearl and Taffeta White.
Integra Sports Coupe and Sports Sedan
The stylish Integra draws on its racing heritage to deliver exhilarating levels of performance, resulting in one of most compelling and popular driver's car on the road today.
- The Integra is available in RS (coupe only), LS, GS and GS-R models. Returning for 1998 is the limited-edition, high-performance Integra Type R sports coupe.
- Styling changes to the Integra include new front and rear fascias, along with new combination lamps.
- All models receive standard prewiring for a security system.
- A new tilt/height-adjustable driver's seat is standard on LS, GS and GS-R models.
- A leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter knob is now standard on leather-trimmed models.
- The GS-R model receives redesigned alloy wheels.
- The LS model has been upgraded to receive 14-inch, machine-finished, alloy wheels as standard equipment.
- New exterior colors: Cayenne Red Metallic and Supersonic Blue Pearl.
SLX Luxury Sport Utility Vehicle
The SLX possesses the authoritative performance and utility of a full-sized SUV, as well as offering drivers comfort, refinement and luxury amenities.
- Major refinements include an all-new, 3.5-liter, DOHC, V-6 engine producing 215 horsepower and 230 lbs.-ft. torque.
- A new "Torque on Demand" system produces state-of-the-art, four-wheel-drive performance.
- Updated styling includes a completely redesigned front end with new bodywork, lighting, grille and body-colored side mirrors.
- Improvements have been made to the ABS system and automatic cruise control system. The audio system is also improved, for enhanced sound quality.
- A new instrumentation panel features an LCD odometer and trip meter and fuel-door indicator.
- The SLX is available in a single, fully appointed model. Among the long list of standard features include leather-trimmed seats, AM/FM/CD audio system, keyless entry, heated power seats, power fold-in mirrors, restyled alloy wheels and an overhead multi-meter with compass, temperature gauge, altimeter and barometer.
NSX Exotic Sports Car
The NSX is Acura's ultimate sports car, achieving the optimum balance of world-class performance, styling and prestige with unsurpassed levels of refinement, driveability and reliability.
- Having received numerous update in 1997, the 1998 model remains unchanged.