American Honda Recognizes Top Suppliers for 2001
8/24/2001 4:21:39 AM
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. President and CEO, Koichi Amemiya, presented the company's "Premier Partner Award" to 15 American Honda suppliers. The award is presented to companies that demonstrate excellence in quality, value and customer service. This year's award recipients were selected from 54 nominations made by American Honda associates, out of more than 1,500 eligible companies.
The Premier Partner Award winners represent industries as diverse as rail transportation, software development, technical support services and advertising. The Premier Partner Awards were established in 1998 to recognize suppliers who embrace American Honda's philosophy of meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
"Just as the more than 2.7 million customers who last year purchased Honda automobiles, motorcycles and power products rely on the Honda name for quality, value and customer service, we rely on the support and shared commitment of our suppliers," said Gary Kessler, American Honda's vice president of human resources and administration. "Today, American Honda is very pleased to acknowledge 15 suppliers who best exemplify our shared values and commitment to quality customer service."
Following are the 15 American Honda Premier Partner Award recipients for 2001:
- American Identity - Orange City, Iowa (corporate branded merchandise production, including clothing and promotional products)
- The Ken Blanchard Companies - Escondido, Calif. (management consulting, specializing in the area of leadership, customer loyalty, and personnel development corporate training)
- Burlington Northern and Santa Fe Railway Company - Ft. Worth, Texas (rail transportation and facilities to receive and ship automobiles)
- Creative Productions - Long Beach, Calif. (product promotions, brand development and management, new product introductions and targeted awareness campaigns)
- Data Linkage Software, Inc. - Long Beach, Calif. (software development and programming company)
- Equipment Solutions, a Division of Snap-on Tools - Kenosha, Wisc. (developer, manufacturer and marketer of tool and equipment solutions)
- IBM Data Management - Costa Mesa, Calif. (technical support services)
- Maritz Inc. - Torrance, Calif. (incentive travel, marketing research and performance improvement)
- Matters of Fact, Inc. - Woodland Hills, Calif. (strategic consulting, process improvement and customer satisfaction support)
- Nissin International Transport USA Inc. - Torrance, Calif. (transportation services worldwide)
- Sandy Corporation - Long Beach, Calif. (consulting services, custom instruction and integrated marketing services)
- Targetbase - Irving, Texas (customer relationship management)
- TNT Logistics North America - Troy, Ohio (mail, express and logistics services)
- United Parcel Service - Livonia, Mich. (express carrier, package delivery, E-commerce, financial and logistics services)
- Vreeke & Associates - Simi Valley, Calif. (full service public relations and advertising agency)
American Honda began operations in North America in 1959 with the establishment of American Honda Motor Co., Inc., Honda's first overseas subsidiary. Today, more than 19,000 associates in the United States are employed by Honda in the areas of design, development, engineering, assembly and sales of Honda and Acura products. Honda operates 10 manufacturing facilities in North America that produce automobiles, motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles, power equipment, transmissions and engines, using domestic and globally sourced parts. Honda exports its products from North America to more than 90 different countries worldwide.
# # #