Acura Launches “Official Vehicle of Everything Thrilling” Marketing Campaign During March College Basketball Tournament
3/24/2014 6:00:00 PM
In celebration of the 2014 college basketball tournament, Acura will debut an innovative multi-media marketing campaign featuring the all-new 2015 Acura TLX sports sedan, going on-sale this summer. The campaign titled "Official Vehicle of Everything Thrilling," launches this month and will run extensively across ESPN digital and TV platforms, on the Bleacher Report, and during coverage of the college basketball championships.
The new Acura TLX campaign, themed around the TLX tagline "It's that kind of thrill," includes a broad mix of marketing activations aimed at driving conversation about the new TLX sports sedan. The campaign is designed to engage fans with exclusive opportunities to be the first to own the TLX.
Highlights of Acura's "Official Vehicle of Everything Thrilling" Campaign:
- Standard banners featuring copy/taglines/text such as: "The official vehicle of destroying your boss's bracket"
- Push-down banners with video vignettes comparing the thrill of driving the TLX to "staring into a wolf's eyes"
- Real-time banners linked to live-action game coverage
- Social media integrations and a sweepstakes opportunity to win the all-new 2015 TLX
- Acura Newsroom: The luxury automaker has enlisted a team of writers, designers and producers to create digital media, in response to live game action with banner ads. The ads compare the thrill of driving the Acura TLX to the thrilling events that college basketball fans are watching unfold (ex: "The official vehicle of sending the game into overtime by tipping-in your own miss.").
"This new TLX will deliver a thrilling and exhilarating driving experience," said Mike Accavitti, senior vice president and general manager of Acura. "The same spirit and passion for performance that inspired the development of the TLX is at the heart of the college basketball tournament experience. For players and fans it's the most thrilling time of the year, and it's an ideal platform to build awareness and anticipation for the TLX."
Acura's presence during the college basketball championship season follows the brand's recent major commitment to NBC affiliates in key U.S. markets during coverage of the Sochi games in February.
The all-new Acura TLX will be available this summer and will deliver a fresh and exhilarating blend of luxury refinement and sports-sedan athleticism, with exhilarating performance enhanced by next-generation Acura powertrain and dynamic handling technologies.
Acura offers a full line of technologically advanced performance luxury vehicles through a network of 275 dealers within the United States. The Acura lineup features six distinctive models including the RLX luxury flagship sedan, the TL performance luxury sedan, the TSX Sport Wagon and sedan, the ILX compact luxury sedan, the RDX luxury crossover SUV, and the all-new MDX luxury sport utility vehicle.
For More Information
Consumer information about Acura is available at acura.com. To join the Acura community on Facebook, visit facebook.com/Acura. Additional media information including detailed features, pricing and high-resolution photography of the Acura model line is available at acuranews.com.