Honda Makes Massive Investment in Music with Launch of Honda Stage
6/11/2014 6:00:00 PM
- Honda assembles music 'Dream Team' to launch massive youth marketing initiative
- Honda Stage to provide one-of-a kind curated music content live and online through: hundreds of pieces of exclusive online videos, news, interviews and performances through a dedicated Honda Stage channel www.youtube.com/HondaStage and distributed via multiple music channels, dozens of live concert events, expanded Civic Tours and several music festival sponsorships
- Honda Stage program expected to garner billions of impressions through interactive and online distribution agreements with music industry leaders
Building on its deep foundation in bringing music to fans, American Honda has brought together an unprecedented group of entertainment and technology leaders, including Clear Channel Media and Entertainment (iHeartRadio), Live Nation, REVOLT, Vevo and YouTube, to produce and distribute some of the best original, high-quality, music content available under the new Honda Stage name, through dozens of live events and exclusive online content.
Honda Stage is a unique 360-degree, multi-platform music program designed to meet music fans in environments where they are already searching for and consuming music, providing Honda an opportunity to further build brand awareness and loyalty. Launching in phases starting today, Honda Stage will offer music fans access to custom live and online music programming and performances, behind the scenes content, artist interviews and more at www.youtube.com/HondaStage. With the launch of this channel, Honda becomes a major music curator, as YouTube is the largest distributor of music content and the number one environment for music viewing.
"Breaking through the clutter and reaching younger buyers through traditional advertising is proving more and more difficult in this always-on, digital generation," said Tom Peyton, assistant vice president of Advertising and Marketing for American Honda Motor Co., Inc. "Honda is making an even bigger investment in music than ever before. To bring this type of experience to music lovers we had to assemble a program from scratch bringing together both live and online elements that can only be found through Honda Stage."
The Honda Stage program brings Listen, View, Attend opportunities through:
- Honda Stage at the iHeartRadio Theater L.A. will bring dozens of live and intimate performances by the hottest acts. The concert series will be promoted on air and online across Clear Channel radio stations, which reaches more than 245 million monthly listeners nationwide, and through iHeartRadio, Clear Channel's all-in-one digital music service.
- Several major custom Honda Stage concert events in iconic locations across the U.S. produced by Live Nation
- Honda Stage at REVOLT Studios Hollywood will deliver regular live interviews and in-studio performances on the Honda Stage, broadcast on REVOLT TV, the iOS and Android REVOLT apps and the Honda Stage YouTube Channel
- Honda Stage at top US Festivals, including performances by leading artists at Governors Ball in New York, Austin City Limits Music Festival and Music Midtown in Atlanta
- Honda Civic Tour, now in its 13th year, will become three successive tours targeting specific genres, featuring Grouplove and Portugal. The Man, American Authors and 3BallMTY. For additional information on the 2014 Civic Tour visit: www.hondacivictour.com.
Honda Stage Music Channel
Not only will music fans have access to Honda Stage content through the multitude of live and interactive events, but through the Honda Stage online channel, viewers can experience the best of Honda Stage music and entertainment content, curated by Honda and of its all partners at www.youtube.com/HondaStage. Content published on the Honda Stage channel will also be distributed through the vast music distribution networks Clear Channel Media and Entertainment, YouTube, and Vevo (via their web, mobile/tablet and TV apps) as well as Honda social media channels.
"This just pencils out as a smart program due to the massive content distribution platforms. With an expected reach of billions of music fans, the Honda Stage program will reach potential customers far beyond traditional TV advertising," said Peyton.
Honda and Music
Honda has a deep history in music programming and music marketing through the development of engaging programs and sponsorships aimed at reaching music fans through their love of music. The Honda Civic Tour was created in 2001, and since its inception, 3.5 million fans have attended Civic Tour concert events and the program has become one of the nation's most compelling, successful music concert tour franchises. Concert goers have had the chance to experience their favorite bands up-close-and personal, including live and interactive performances by Maroon 5, Linkin Park, blink-182, The Black Eyed Peas, Paramore, Incubus, Fall Out Boy and many more. Each year, the Honda Civic Tour's headlining artist customizes a Civic vehicle for one lucky tour fan to win.
In 2009, Honda began partnering with the biggest and brightest music festivals across the U.S., including Sasquatch, Lollapalooza, Austin City Limits Music Festival and The Governors Ball in New York. The automaker's festival activations have included a Honda-sponsored stage with performances by some of the festivals' best artists, opportunities to win VIP tickets and Honda vehicles, interactive onsite vehicle displays and more. This summer Honda's music festival partnerships continue and will become part of the Honda Stage music program beginning with The Governors Ball in New York June 6-8, Music Midtown in Atlanta September 19-20 and Austin City Limits Music Festival the first two weekends in October.
For more information on the Honda Stage music program, including announcements of the latest Honda Stage videos, exclusive concert information, show schedules, news, sweepstakes and more, visit www.HondaStage.Honda.com.
Check back for more Honda Stage Press announcements throughout 2014 at http://honda.us/1kYuYVN
Honda offers a complete lineup of cars and trucks through a network of more than 1,000 dealerships in the United States. In 2014, Honda celebrated its 20 millionth vehicle produced in the U.S., using domestic and globally sourced parts. Honda currently operates 15 major manufacturing facilities in North America, producing a wide range of Honda automobiles, all-terrain vehicles, power equipment products, engines and transmissions.
# # #