American Honda Reports June 2014 Sales
7/1/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Honda Civic and Accord post sales of more than 32,000 each in June for increases of 8.7 and 2.1 percent respectively
- Honda CR-V posts best-ever 6-month sales performance with a gain of 6.1 percent YTD
- Total Acura truck sales were up 6.1 percent in June
- Acura MDX claims best-ever 6-month sales performance with an increase of 68.4 percent
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported June 2014 Honda and Acura vehicle sales of 129,023 units. The Honda division posted sales of 117,817 units in June while Acura sold 11,206 units in the same period. Year-to-date American Honda sales reached 739,436 units.
Honda's core modelsAccord, Civic and CR-Vcontinue to set the retail pace through the first half of 2014, with the Civic up 8.7 percent and Accord increasing 2.1 percent in June. However, retail consumers appeared to take a breath last month coupled with an unusually short number of selling days, the shortest June in five years.
- Bucking a recent market shift toward SUVs, Civic is up 8.7 percent in June and 5.3 percent for the first six months of 2014its best such period in a decade
- Accord sales rise 2.1 percent in June
- CR-V, the industry's most popular SUV, posted a year-to-date gain of 6.1 percent for its best-ever 6-month sales performance
- Despite low inventory as supply ramps up, the all-new 2015 Fit is driving new traffic at Honda dealerships
"Despite an easing of the pace in June, the larger sales trend throughout the industry remains robust," said Jeff Conrad, Honda division senior vice president and general manager. "Our core products remain strong and though we're still filling its supply pipeline, the new 2015 Fit is selling very well and we expect it to add yet another strong pillar to Honda sales in the near future."
Overall Acura sales continue to reflect the decreasing supply of TL and TSX models as the company prepares for launch of the 2015 TLX line of luxury performance sedans later this summer. With an unprecedented first half of the year, MDX and RDX continue to sell at a near record pace, pushing Acura truck sales up 6.1 percent for the month.
- Acura truck sales rise 6.1 percent in June
- MDX June sales rose 27.7 percent on sales of 4,890 units
- Posting its best-ever six-month sales performance, the Acura MDX led the division with sales of 30,644 units, an increase 68.4 percent over last year
"The MDX and RDX had a stellar first half of the year, certainly a good indicator that the Acura brand is moving in a strong direction," said Mike Accavitti, Acura division senior vice president and general manager. "While we expected the reduced supply of sedans to impact sales this summer, the upcoming launch of the all-new 2015 TLX lineup heralds a new era for the Acura brand."
# # #