Honda Chronology (1969-1960)
6/9/2005 5:53:10 PM
- Canadian Honda Motor Ltd. (now Honda Canada, Inc.) established in Toronto, Canada.
- Honda begins automobile production in Taiwan and Malaysia through technical collaboration.
- Honda sells one-millionth motorcycle in the U.S.
- Honda withdraws from F-1 racing to concentrate on production of commercial cars and development of low-emission technologies.
- Production of automobiles starts at Suzuka factory.
- Honda begins motorcycle production in Thailand.
- Honda F-2 car establishes a record of 11 consecutive victories.
- Honda F-1 car wins first Grand Prix race in Mexican Grand Prix.
- Honda begins participating in Formula 1 Grand Prix racing.
- American Honda's "You Meet the Nicest People on a Honda" advertising campaign helps revolutionize the American motorcycle industry.
- Honda's first overseas plant Honda Benelux in Belgium starts production of "mopeds."
- Honda issues EDR (European Depository Receipts) in Europe.
- Honda markets first automobile S500 and lightweight truck T360 in Japan.
- Honda issues ADRs (American Depository Receipts) in the U.S.
- Motorcycle production begins in Taiwan through technical collaboration.
- Honda racing team wins Britain's Isle of Man TT Race in 125cc and 250cc classes.
- Research and Development division is re-established as a separate company - Honda R&D Co., Ltd.