Honda BF30 and BF25 Engines: Compact Size, Superior Performance and Maneuverability
2/17/2005 10:09:58 PM
Both models incorporate a number of innovative features including: Auto Start Enrichment System; a Center Mount Tiller; fingertip control of critical functions; PGM Ignition System; the Honda exclusive Non-Linear Mounting System; a 3 to 3 Induction System; Honda's patented corrosion protection; Engine Alert System; and gas assist tilt for running in shallow water. And the BF30, weighing just 159 lbs (72.5 kg), is, by far, the lightest engine in its class.
Compact Engines; World-Class Features
- similar to fuel-injection, the microprocessor-controlled Auto-Start Enrichment System allows both engines to be started with the simple turn of a key, while automatically adjusting the air-fuel mixture for quick, easy starts and warm-ups and increased power and torque at any rpm;
- the convenient, 8-inch center mounted tiller handle is longer than on previous models, allowing anglers to improve maneuverability and control;
- throttle friction control, power tilt/trim control and engine alert indicators are located at the operator's fingertips for quick, comfortable adjustment at a glance. And a generous -4-o to +12o trim angle makes for maximum performance and handling, speeding anglers to their favorite holes in rapid time;
- the PGM Ignition employs microprocessor technology to accurately control ignition timing during start-up and across the entire rpm range, providing optimum overall operation;
- Honda's patented, exclusive Non-Linear Mounting system incorporates non-linear rubber mounts for reduced vibration and smoother operation at all engine speeds;
- the lightweight, compact, 3-cylinder engines utilize a 3 to 3 induction system, or one carburetor per cylinder, for instant throttle response and increased fuel efficiency. The design is more responsive than throttle bodies with long intake runners;
- Honda's patented, 4-Front Corrosion Protection System is a double sealed multi-layer paint process that fights off corrosion from harsh marine environments. The base is a Honda aluminum alloy, followed by a double sealed treatment, an epoxy primer undercoat, and an acrylic resin metallic coating, all topped off with a clear overcoat of acrylic;
- Honda's innovative Engine Alert System uses visual, audio and rpm reduction circuits to alert the operator and prevent engine damage caused by overheating, low oil PSI and over-revving;
- the Gas Assist Tilt function makes it easy to tilt the engine for running in shallow water, or raise it completely out of the water for protection.
The BF30 and BF25 are ideal for freshwater anglers who want quiet, stable running in the shallows where they can steer and fish at the same time. The Honda BF30 engine is available in 20-inch shaft models, while the BF25 comes in both 20-inch and 15-inch shaft sizes. The suggested retail prices of the Honda BF30 engine models range from $5,330 to $6,240. Suggested retail prices of the BF25 outboard engines range from $4,905 to $5,845, depending on the model. All new Honda outboard engines for recreational use have a limited, 3-year warranty that is the same on the last day as it is on the first.
Honda Marine introduced the first full line of 4-stroke outboard engines in the United States, setting a new benchmark for ease of starting, quiet operation, and low emissions. Honda's outboards share the same DNA characterized by unparalleled durability, quality, and reliability that is behind its reputation for legendary automobiles. With models ranging from 2 to 225 horsepower, the company offers the most ultra-low emissions outboards in the industry as well as complies with the California Air Resource Board (CARB) 3-Star ratings.