Honda BF50 And BF40 Outboards Combine Compact Size, Lightweight And Ergonomic Designs
2/17/2005 5:19:50 PM
Ideal for pontoon, shallow-draft walleye or bay bass boats running in flats or deep water, both models deliver superior performance in a lightweight package; both are loaded with user-friendly features that provide smooth, quiet operation with instant throttle response and performance.
"In the U.S. alone, there are more than 44 million recreational anglers who depend on their boat engines to get them to their favorite fishing holes," said Robin Senger, Honda Marine Marketing. "Our goal at Honda Marine is to provide a reliable, technologically advanced engine that not only keeps them on the water, but gives them time for one more cast."
The higher horsepower (hp) BF50 is a featherweight: with dry weight ranging from 205 lbs (93 kg) to 214 lbs (97.5 kg) depending on configuration, it is the lightest 50 hp, 4-stroke engine in the world.
Both the Honda BF50 and BF40 feature the Auto-Start Enrichment System; automatic choking; a longer, center-mounted tiller handle; fingertip control of critical functions; an exclusive, Non-Linear Mounting System; a 3-cylinder engine with a 3 to 3 Induction System; and the innovative offset crankshaft.
- similar to fuel-injection, the microprocessor-controlled Auto-Start Enrichment System allows both engines to be started with the simple turn of a key, while automatically adjusting the air-fuel mixture for quick, easy starts and warm-ups and increased power and torque at any rpm;
- the convenient, 8-inch center mounted tiller handle is longer than on previous models, allowing anglers to improve maneuverability and control;
- throttle friction control, power tilt/trim control and engine alert indicators are located at the operator's fingertips for quick, comfortable adjustment at a glance. And a generous -4-o to +12o trim angle makes for maximum performance and handling, speeding anglers to their honey holes in rapid time;
- Honda's patented, exclusive Non-Linear Mounting system incorporates non-linear rubber mounts for smoother operation at all engine speeds;
- the lightweight, compact, 3-cylinder engines utilize a 3 to 3 induction system, or one carburetor per cylinder, for instant throttle response and increased fuel efficiency; the design is more responsive than competitive throttle bodies with long intake runners;
- an offset crankshaft places both engines in a class by themselves in terms of quiet operation; this innovative design reduces vibration by locating the powerhead directly over the transom pivot point, helping make the BF50 and BF40 engines among the quietest outboards on the market.
The Honda BF50 engine is available in both 25-inch and 20-inch shaft models, while the BF40 comes in a 20-inch shaft size. All new Honda outboard engines for recreational use have a limited, 3-year warranty that is the same on the last day as it is on the first.
Honda Marine introduced the first full line of 4-stroke outboard engines in the United States, setting a new benchmark for ease of starting, quiet operation, and low emissions. Honda's outboards share the same DNA characterized by unparalleled durability, quality, and reliability that is behind its reputation for legendary automobiles. With models ranging from 2 to 225 horsepower, the company offers the most ultra-low emissions outboards in the industry as well as complies with the California Air Resource Board (CARB) 3-Star ratings.