2005 Honda FourTrax Foreman Features
9/8/2004 2:45:22 PM
The all-new FourTrax Foreman delivers big-bore power in a two-wheel-drive package that's loaded with Honda features.
Features & Benefits
- SUV styling features flowing fenders with integrated headlights and taillights for a rugged, adventurous look.
- New dual front disc brake calipers feature a patented built in scraper system to remove mud and snow from inside the front wheel to help prevent build-up of debris between caliper and rim to ensure consistent braking performance.
- Brake pads feature thick long wear material with improved mud durability, feel and control. Pads feature internal scraper that gives audible warning when pad life is low.
- Patented new oil cooling system features dual oil coolers for greater cooling capacity.
- New Blue color joins Red and Olive.
- All new four-stroke 475cc OHV air-cooled longitudinally mounted engine allows direct drive shaft alignment to both front and rear wheels for improved drivetrain efficiency.
- New style overhead valve arrangement features angled valves in a hemispherical combustion chamber for straighter intake and exhaust flow for improved engine performance.
- Patented new oil cooling system features dual oil coolers for greater cooling capacity. The first cooler is located in the traditional position in front of the engine. The second cooler is mounted higher in a protected position under the front fender away from mud and debris and is fed a cool supply of air through a front fender duct. Oil is first routed to the lower cooler then to the second high mounted cooler before returning to the engine.
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven counterbalancer reduce vibration.
- Snorkel-type air intake system is specially designed for water crossings.
- Integral electric carburetor heater system improves driveability and ensures smooth operation in cold conditions.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler is constructed of stainless steel.
- Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch for excellent driveability and towing capacity.
- Convenient five-speed transmission with reverse.
- Maintenance-free shaft drive with torque-sensing front differential routes power directly from the longitudinally mounted engine without inefficient directional changes.
- Convenient electric starter, with auxiliary recoil starter and an automatic internal decompression system.
- Wet sump with large, 3-quart capacity.
- CD ignition with electronic advance for excellent performance and reliability.
- Reusable foam air filter.
- Rugged frame and suspension provide an exceptional 7.5 inches of ground clearance.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses KYB shock absorbers to give 6.7 inches of travel.
- Steel swingarm and dual KYB rear shock absorbers give 6.7 inches of travel.
- Rugged, large-diameter, 25 x 8-12 front, 25 x 10-12 rear tires provide added ground clearance while maintaining precise handling.
- Dual 180mm front hydraulic disc brakes and sealed 180mm mechanical rear
- Engine design produces low emissions and meets California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards along with 2006 EPA standards.
- Water resistant left side glove box compartment.
- Large cargo racks front and rear allow payloads of 66 and 133 pounds respectively.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with towing capacity of 850 pounds.
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with 4.2-gallon capacity.
- Unique rear-opening storage compartment allows access when rack is loaded.
- Powerful, 326-watt AC generator.
- Triple headlight system with single 45-watt upper light and dual 30-watt lower lights with multi-reflector lenses for optimal light distribution plus a 21-watt stop and taillight.
- Waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt, 12-amp power with a built-in temperature-type fuse.
- Uniquely designed floorboards allow the rider's feet to grip the footrests while keeping mud and debris away from the rider's feet.
- Standard over-fenders give excellent mud protection.
- Thickly padded seat provides all-day comfort.
- Large mud flaps keep dirt and debris off of the rider.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Triple skid plates.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Top-mounted choke lever for easy operation.
- Handlebar switches, controls and warning labels use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
- Standard tool kit includes a tire pressure gauge.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance for ATV transport vehicle while ATV is being transported, one year complimentary subscription to Honda Red Rider ATV™ magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com), access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA.
- Flag kit.