2005 Honda FourTrax Recon ES/FourTrax Recon Features
9/8/2004 4:04:07 PM
New suspension, ergonomics and SUV-type styling make the best-selling mid-size ATV even better.
Features & Benefits
New for 2005
- All-new SUV styling for a rugged, adventurous look.
- Manual shift model now gets unique Honda designed floorboards that allow the rider's feet to grip the footrests while keeping mud and debris away.
- Now meets 2006 EPA and CARB emissions levels.
- Front and rear suspension has been upgraded for more comfortable all-day riding.
- Improved rider ergonomics with 16mm higher handlebars and a 10mm higher seat provide more legroom, which allows improved rider movement during operation.
- New LED tail and brake light.
- New silver colored wheels.
- ES model features ESP® (Electric Shift Program) for push-button upshifting and downshifting. The rider shifts simply and precisely with the press of the upshift or downshift button mounted on the left handlebar. An onboard electronic control module (ECM) monitors information from four sensors-engine rpm, countershaft speed, gear position, and shift spindle angle-to control the speed of the electric shift motor's gear and clutch engagement. Gear engagement speed varies according to rider style; the transmission shifts more quickly when riding style turns sporty. A neutral lockout at speeds greater than 2 mph ensures available engine braking when descending hills. To ensure smooth shifting, the transmission cannot be shifted from neutral to first gear or reverse gear at engine speeds above 3000 rpm. ESP is not battery-dependent, operating whenever the engine is running. Should the rider ever need to shift manually, the Recon® ES is also equipped with an auxiliary shift lever in the tool kit.
- Both the Recon ES and Recon feature the high-performance cylinder head from the TRX250EX for increased performance.
- An oil cooler is standard equipment on both Recon ES and Recon models, assuring optimal engine temperatures under difficult operating conditions.
- Both the Recon and Recon ES have uniquely designed floorboards, which allow the rider's feet to grip the footrests while keeping mud and debris away from the rider's feet.
- The Recon ES features a gear indicator along with neutral and reverse lights.
- Lightweight, OHV air-cooled 229cc engine is longitudinally mounted to allow direct drive-shaft alignment to rear wheels for fewer frictional losses.
- 22mm carburetor with light throttle control offers good engine response and excellent fuel economy.
- Overhead-valve design offers a wide, easy-to-use powerband and compact engine dimensions.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting reduces vibration.
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler is constructed of stainless steel.
- Automatic cam-chain tensioner reduces maintenance.
- Convenient electric starter with auxiliary recoil starter.
- Wet sump with 1.6-quart capacity.
- CD ignition system with electronic advance features an rpm limiter for added durability.
- Five-speed transmission with reverse and automatic clutch on the Recon.
- Lightweight double-cradle steel chassis.
- Maintenance-free shaft drive routes power directly from the longitudinally mounted engine without inefficient directional changes.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension gives 5.1 inches of travel.
- Steel swingarm and single rear shock absorber give 4.9 inches of travel.
- Dual sealed front hydraulic drum brakes and sealed mechanical rear drum.
- Tires feature aggressive tread patterns for excellent traction.
- Ergonomically designed seating and control layouts provide a comfortable operating position for a wide range of rider sizes.
- Large cargo racks front and rear allow payloads of 33 and 66 pounds respectively.
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with 2.4-gallon capacity.
- Snorkel-type air intake system is specially designed for water crossings.
- Dual-headlight system with 25-watt lights.
- New LED tail and brake light.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Powerful, 110-watt AC generator.
- Reusable foam air filter.
- Neutral and reverse lights on Recon model.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Standard tool kit includes a tire pressure gauge.
- G.V.W.R. is 816 pounds for TRX250TE / 807 pounds for TRX250TM.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance for ATV transport vehicle while ATV is being transported, one year complimentary subscription to Honda Red Rider ATV™ magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com), access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA.
- Flag kit.
- Trailer hitch.