2005 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 Features
9/8/2004 5:20:19 PM
The Shadow Spirit 750 returns to Honda's lineup with all of the exciting performance and street-rod styling that made this machine a mainstay of the cruiser world.
Features & Benefits
New for 2005
- New Black/Red Flame and Pearl Blue/Metallic Silver Flame colors join classic Black.
- 745cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine produces impressive low-rpm torque and usable power over a broad rpm range.
- Long-stroke 52o V-twin engine design provides a satisfying, classic V-twin feel.
- Dual 34mm CV carburetors offer crisp throttle response.
- Carburetor electric-heater system improves rideability and ensures smooth operation in cold conditions.
- Three-valve cylinder head design utilizes two spark plugs per cylinder for excellent combustion efficiency and high power output.
- CD ignition with electronic advance offers dependability and is maintenance-free.
- Silent-type maintenance-free camshaft-chain adjusters.
- Aluminum radiator with cooling fan maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life.
- Sleek two-into-two exhaust system features bullet-style mufflers for a classic street-rod style.
- Wide-ratio five-speed transmission.
- Large, rectangular-section steel tube backbone frame and massive cast steering head are both strong and very rugged.
- Frame features forged pivot-plates, rigid engine-mounting and large, rectangular-section swingarm.
- Sturdy and responsive 41mm front fork features a large billet-aluminum triple-clamp. Together they deliver confident, neutral handling and a plush ride with 5.1 inches of wheel travel.
- Large, 4mm-thick fork brace mounted under fender enhances rigidity and steering precision.
- Dual chromed rear shocks feature an advanced internal valve system and five-position spring preload adjustability, while offering 3.2 inches of wheel travel for a smooth, well-controlled ride.
- Progressive springs and plush front and rear suspension settings provide a low-slung street-rod look while delivering excellent handling characteristics.
- Traditional spoked wheels with wide chromed rims.
- Large, 110/80-19 front and 160/80-15 rear tires provide abundant traction and complement the Spirit 750's stylish good looks.
- Single 296mm front disc brake with twin-piston caliper grips the drilled rotor between sintered metal pads. Rear brake features a 180mm drum.
- Durable O-ring-sealed drive chain.
- Tank-mounted speedometer features an attractive chrome instrument housing.
- Semi-swept handlebar design provides a comfortable, upright riding position. The handlebar is mounted on rubber-cushioned risers to reduce vibration.
- Dragster-style seat boasts a low, 26.6-inch seat height for confidence during low-speed maneuvers.
- Chrome highlights include: cylinder head cover, air cleaner cover, left and right engine sidecovers, brake and clutch lever brackets, rear brake pedal, shift lever, footpeg brackets, sidestand, chain guard, swingarm pivot cap.
- Buffed aluminum front brake master cylinder.
- Black treatment of engine center cases and cylinders with polished treatment on cylinder fins.
- Computer-designed multi-reflector headlight features a 60/55-watt halogen bulb for superb lighting.
- Custom-styled taillight and attractive bullet-shaped turn indicators.
- Long, custom-design 3.6-gallon fuel tank.
- Chopper-style rear fender.
- Durable, maintenance-free 12-amp-hour battery.
- Steering-head lock for added security when parked.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance, one year complimentary subscription to Honda Red Rider™ magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com), access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA.
- Touring Accessories: Leather Saddlebags, Leather Tank Belt, Leather Front Pouch, Leather Backrest Bag, Leather Touring Bag, Solo Seat with Rear Fender Panel.
- Chrome accessories: Backrest with Pad (low type), Backrest with Pad (tall type), Rear Carrier (square tube).
- Billet accessories: Master Cylinder Cap, Handlebar Clamps, Oil Dipstick, Brake Caliper Cap, License Plate Frame.
- Additional accessories: Custom Windshield, Radiator Cowl, Cycle Cover.
(Accessory availability and specifications subject to change without notice.)