2008 Honda CRF150RB-Expert/CRF150R Features & Benefits
6/4/2007 7:15:00 AM
The revolutionary CRF150R and big-wheel CRF150RB are the world's first high-performance four-stroke mini racers. They feature Unicam engines, race-ready suspension and track-designed chassis for ground-breaking performance. No wonder Dirt Rider magazine picked the CRF150R as its Bike of the Year, the first time in history a minibike captured this coveted award.
- High-Performance Unicam® cylinder head design (see Technology Section)
- Lightweight, compact, internal auto decompression and handlebar-mounted hot-start system provide easy starting, hot or cold.
- Compact, lightweight engine assembly weighs only 43.6 pounds.
- Crankshaft is made of high-strength, low-carbon steel with carburized main journals for maximum durability at sustained high-rpm operation.
- Forged 11.7:1-compression slipper piston and rings are lighter than a conventional design, revving quickly while maintaining excellent cylinder sealing and high-rpm power.
- Double-carburized connecting rod utilizes a big-end needle bearing for maximum high-rpm performance and durability.
- Nikasil cylinder lining is lightweight and provides cooler operation for extended engine life.
- Press-fitted aluminum spark plug pipe fits between the two exhaust rocker arms, further contributing to compact cylinder-head design.
- 32mm Keihin FCR carburetor features four rollers on the flat slide, resulting in very light throttle effort, smooth operation, crisp throttle response and excellent rideability.
- Carburetor features a throttle position sensor (TPS) that helps maintain a linear throttle response throughout the range.
- Twin-sump lubrication system separates the oil supply for the crankshaft, piston and valve train from the clutch and transmission. This ensures a cool supply of oil to the clutch, eliminates potential clutch and transmission material contamination of the engine oil, reduces the amount of circulating oil and permits the use of a smaller oil pump.
- Exhaust system uses a lightweight stainless exhaust header and repackable aluminum muffler.
- Vertically split crankcases feature a built-in oil pump, reducing weight compared to a conventional design.
- Dual radiators feature a refined core area for improved heat dissipation compared to conventional dual-radiator design.
- Gear-driven balancer reduces vibration and drives the water pump. A six-disc clutch provides the surface area necessary to handle the engine's impressive torque while carefully matched clutch springs provide a light feel at the lever.
- Durable close-ratio five-speed transmission.
- Front and rear suspension settings unique to the CRF®150R deliver ideal bump-absorption characteristics.
- Handlebar bend optimizes rider position and comfort.
- Lightweight, high-tensile steel frame with large-diameter frame tubing and cross-member provides excellent turning performance and straight-line tracking.
- Box-section aluminum swingarm is lightweight and rigid.
- Removable subframe is strong and durable.
- 37mm leading-axle inverted Showa cartridge front fork features friction-reducing design to improve compression and rebound control.
- The fork offers adjustable compression and rebound settings.
- Wide-section aluminum top and bottom triple-clamps position fork tubes far apart for good turning and control.
- Tapered-roller steering-head bearings for durability.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension (see Technology Section)
- Strong, lightweight wheels are durable and minimize unsprung weight.
- Lightweight front and rear disc brakes with high-performance pads offer powerful, precise braking.
- Stout 15mm front and 17mm rear axles incorporate a surface-treatment for added strength and durability.
- Large-capacity airbox and reusable two-stage foam air filter.
- Lightweight plastic body components (radiator shroud, sidecovers, rear fender, seat base, fuel tank, front fender and front number plate) offer a slim, aggressive style.
- Seat-cushion foam follows the shape of the fuel tank, providing a smooth transition to increase rider mobility and comfort.
- Non-slip seat cover for increased rider control.
- High-quality Dunlop tires.
- HRC works-type rear-brake system integrates the rear master cylinder and fluid reservoir, eliminating the separate rear master-cylinder reservoir and hose.
- Adjustable front-brake lever and master-cylinder assembly are the same as CR®125R/CR250R components.
- Stainless-steel clutch cable for long life and improved feel and action.
- Works-type handlebar grips add to rider comfort.