2010 Honda Gold Wing - Features & Benefits
7/10/2009 3:00:00 PM
Hailed the world over as the undisputed champion of two-wheeled touring, the Honda Gold Wing® 1800 continues its reign as king of the road in 2010 as it brings an unmatched array of amenities for the long-haul rider. Luxury packages for GPS navigation, an airbag, cold-weather comfort and more top off the superior power and handling available in every Gold Wing.
New for 2010
- New colors include Metallic Red and Metallic Black, with Metallic Titanium and Pearl Yellow returning.
Package Option One
- Premium Audio, Comfort, and Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS).
Package Option Two
- Premium Audio, Comfort, TPMS, XM Radio, and Navigation.
Package Option Three
- Premium Audio, Comfort, TPMS, XM Radio, Navigation, and Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS).
Package Option Four
- Premium Audio, Comfort, TPMS, XM Radio, Navigation, ABS, and exclusive Airbag.
State-of-the-Art Premium Audio System
- 80-watt-per-channel power amplifier provides clear, crisp sound at all highway speeds.
- Six-element speaker system includes two rear speakers, a pair of front speakers and two tweeters for a rich, full-sound quality.
- Tuner features auto bass control combined with auto volume control.
- Standard on all Gold Wing models.
Cold-Weather Comfort Package
- Five-position heated grips for cold-weather riding.
Five-position heated seat/backrest combination with individual rider and passenger controls for optimum comfort.
- Foot-warming system channels engine-heated air over the rider 's feet and is controlled by a fairing-mounted lever.
- Standard on all Gold Wing models.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) monitors pressure in both tires while riding. When low tire pressure is detected, a warning light will display.
- XM Radio offers 170 channels from coast to coast, including commercial-free music, premier sports, news, talk radio, comedy, children 's and entertainment programming.
- XM NavTraffic is the nation 's leading real-time traffic information service, combining up-to-the-minute information on accidents and incidents with the ability to reroute riders around trouble spots as displayed on the navigation system screen. This service is offered in 80 cities across the USA.
- The XM NavWeather service uses sophisticated Threat Matrix technology to track nationwide weather information for more than 20 different weather conditions, then scales and customizes this detail to the rider 's specific location and route. XM NavWeather can alert riders to severe conditions before they ride into them. The service works with the Navigation System to display information via color weather icons or warning signals on the navigation screen, and it can give the rider the option to easily reroute around a storm 's path. The service also provides multi-day forecasts based on weather monitoring stations across the United States.
- (XM offered only on Gold Wings featuring the Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System.)
Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System
- Fully integrated navigation system with color screen.
- Complete United States and Canada mapping with points of interest installed.
- Points-of-interest information includes Honda dealers, fuel stations, restaurants, lodging, attractions, transportation, government and emergency information and saved rider 's input with home function.
- Voice prompting through headsets or speakers.
- On-screen text guidance and pop-up menus.
- Easy-to-use handlebar and fairing-mounted controls.
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System available on select Gold Wing models.
- Industry-first fully integrated rider airbag on a motorcycle.
- Airbag module contains the airbag and inflator and is positioned in front of the rider.
- Airbag Electronic Control Unit (ECU), positioned to the right of the module, analyzes signals from the crash sensors to determine whether or not to inflate the airbag.
- Four crash sensors attached two per side on the front forks detect changes in acceleration caused by frontal impacts.
- From the moment a frontal impact is recognized as requiring airbag inflation, only 0.015 second elapses until the airbag inflation is activated.
- Airbag available only on full-featured version.
- Slow-speed, electric Reverse system is engaged with a simple push of the thumb control on the right handlebar.
- Lightweight electronic cruise-control system utilizes a 16-bit ECU-based, motor-actuated throttle mechanism.
- A simple yet ingenious ratcheting windscreen-adjustment system provides six settings over nearly 4.0 inches of travel.
- Adjustable and closeable windscreen vent routes fresh air to the rider 's face or chest.
- The Gold Wing trunk provides 60 liters of storage capacity with an additional 5 liters of storage available if the optional CD changer is not installed. Two full-face helmets fit easily in the trunk. The saddlebags provide 40-plus liters of storage each, resulting in a total of 147 liters of storage space.
- Specially designed saddlebags feature a remote-control key lock, permitting pop-open rear trunk operation; a remote lock/unlock for the trunk and saddlebags; and a horn-actuated bike locator. If remote locking is attempted while a lid is open, the emergency lights flash to alert the rider.
- Instrument cluster includes analog displays for speedometer, tachometer, coolant temperature and fuel level, plus adjustable backlighting and high-luminescence red pointers. Indicator/warning lights are provided for Reverse, Neutral, Overdrive, oil pressure, fuel injection, high beam, sidestand, cruise on, cruise set and low fuel. A high-resolution LCD housed in a separate module is visible in all lighting conditions and displays the odometer, A/B tripmeter, ambient temperature, audio modes, CB, rear-suspension setting, trunk/saddlebag-open indicators and clock.
- Motorized headlight-aiming system is operated by a dial switch and provides 2.5 degrees of adjustment from level.
- Large 6.6-gallon fuel tank houses the PGM-FI fuel pump and provides excellent long-distance cruising range.
- 20-amp YTX maintenance-free battery.
- Transferable three-year, unlimited-mileage warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Enhance your Honda ownership experience and visit HRCA.Honda.com for your complimentary Honda Rider 's Club of America membership.
- Powerful, fuel-injected 1832cc six-cylinder engine produces smooth, effortless power.
- Parallel two-valve cylinder-head design utilizes direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation that allows the first valve clearance inspection service to be at 32,000 miles.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI).
- Two 40mm-diameter throttle bodies deliver air to six specially designed Keihin 50-psi high-pressure programmed fuel injectors. Fuel is delivered through four nozzle holes in each injector, producing an atomized fuel mixture that is highly combustible for optimum efficiency and power.
- The ECU provides two digital 3-D fuel-injection maps for each cylinder, creating ideal fuel mixture and spark advance settings for superb rideability. Unique knock-control sensors monitor ignition advance to improve performance throughout the entire rpm range.
- ECU closed-loop emissions system utilizes two oxygen sensors to constantly deliver a precise air/fuel mixture, while two exhaust catalyzers further reduce emissions of carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons and nitrogen oxides.
- Two side-mounted radiators enhance cooling efficiency and use low-air-pressure areas created by side cowls to draw cooling air through the radiators and beyond the rider at highway speeds.
- Efficient stainless-steel 6-into-2 exhaust system produces a pleasing, aggressive sound.
- Powerful 1300-watt alternator uses a fluid damper system to minimize alternator noise.
- Precise-shifting five-speed transmission includes Overdrive Fifth.
- Twin-Spar Aluminum Frame.
- Pro Arm® Rear Suspension.
- Dual full-floating 296mm front discs with Combined Braking System (CBS) three-piston calipers and a single ventilated 316mm rear disc with one CBS three-piston caliper provide excellent braking power.
- Combined Braking System (CBS) combined with Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS).
- Model equipped with ABS features an electric-motor-driven modulator that provides rapid and precise braking-pressure adjustments, resulting in smooth ABS operation. The system incorporates an integrated ECU, self-diagnostics with an interactive ECU test function and automatic protection against system failure.
- Massive 45mm front fork houses a cartridge damper in the right leg with 5.5 inches of travel for a smooth yet superb ride in all road conditions.
- Anti-dive system minimizes front fork dive when braking. The system utilizes brake-fluid pressure generated in the secondary CBS master cylinder mounted on the left fork leg and is activated by input from either the front-brake lever or the rear brake pedal.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension.
- Computer-controlled adjustable hydraulic rear suspension preload is easily set by the rider with pushbutton controls and features a two-position memory.
- Cast-aluminum 18x3.5-inch front and 16x5.0-inch rear wheels are lightweight and strong, and radial touring tires are specifically engineered for the Gold Wing.
Honda Genuine Accessories
- Audio Accessories: Six-Disc CD Changer, CB Radio Kit, CB Antenna, Audio Headsets (for open-face and full-face helmets), Passenger Audio Controller.
- Air Management Accessories: Tall Windscreen, Windscreen Side Air Deflectors.
- Functional Touring Accessories: Chrome Heated Grips with Thermostat, Foglight Kit (two types: Halogen or LED), 12-Volt Accessory Socket Kit, Passenger Armrest, Coin Holder, Saddlebag Cooler, Rear Spoiler (color-matched) with LED Brakelight.
- Touring Convenience Accessories: Removable Saddlebag/Trunk Liner Set (available in standard and deluxe types), Trunk Net, Saddlebag/Trunk Mat Set, Seat Weather Cover, Cycle Cover, Front Nose Mask, Trunk Inner Light, Inner Trunk Pouch, Trunk Lid Organizer, Saddlebag Lid Organizer, Fairing Pouch.
- Chrome Appearance Accessories: Front Fender Ornament, Front Fender Extension, Front Disc Cover, Passenger Floorboard Lower Covers, Side Fairing Accent, Trunk Rack, Front Fender Rail, Saddlebag Scuff Pads, Sidestand, Exhaust Tips (two styles), License-Plate Frame, Swingarm Pivot Covers, Trunk Handle, Rear Spoiler Accent.