2014 Honda FourTrax Rancher Automatic DCT/FourTrax Rancher Automatic DCT with Electric Power Steering Features
10/4/2013 7:51:00 PM
The FourTrax® Rancher® series of ATVs is known for impressive high-tech features, but this model features a key distinctive difference: the five-speed fully automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT). The FourTrax Rancher 4x4 automatic DCT also gives the rider the option of push-button manual control via Honda's Electric Shift Program. The FourTrax Rancher 4x4 automatic DCT incorporates an improved dual shift-map program that provides more intuitive shifts under all riding conditions so the rider enjoys optimum performanceautomatically. There's also a new enclosed-axle swingarm with optimized stiffness for maximum durability and excellent handling performance. Like the other FourTrax Rancher models, for 2014 the FourTrax Rancher 4x4 automatic DCT also incorporates revised EFI mapping, new bodywork, the TraxLok 2WD/4WD system, newly revised Electric Power Steering settings and more.
- The automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) provides the compact size and strength of a manual transmission (no belts to slip, break or burnout) with the convenience of an automatic transmission. For 2014, the DCT features a new dual shift-mapping program that automatically selects between two transmission shifting modeseither Cruise or Sport modefor optimum shift timing depending on the rider's pattern of throttle operation. During aggressive use, the Sport mode kicks in and holds the transmission in gear longer before shifting to deliver more aggressive performance. During more casual operation, the Cruise mode allows the transmission to shift up sooner for more casual performance and enhanced fuel efficiency.
- All-new double-cradle steel frame developed with Computer Aided Engineering features increased stiffness (up 20 percent) for even more precise handling and a smoother ride.
- New front and rear suspension features an increase in travel to 6.7 inches at both ends plus new shocks for a plush and controlled ride.
- Honda TraxLok 2WD/4WD system offers two drive modes: 2WD and 4WD with TraxLok torque-sensing front differential.
- Optional Electric Power Steering (EPS) system is a next-generation setup that incorporates new ECU mapping for improved linearity in steering response, reduced low-speed steering effort for enhanced maneuverability and decreased kickback traits for improved all-around steering action.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with 848-pound towing capacity.
- Twin-headlight system has been redesigned and now features 35-watt headlights with a more focused light distribution pattern for improved visibility after dark.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina, using domestically and globally sourced parts.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Rugged OHV liquid-cooled, fuel-injected 420cc longitudinally mounted engine allows direct driveshaft alignment to both front and rear wheels for maximum drivetrain efficiency.
- Overhead-valve design provides compact engine dimensions for excellent ground clearance while maintaining a broad, easy-to-use powerband.
- Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch with a low-rpm engagement point for excellent driveability and towing capability.
- In addition to the fully automatic transmission mode, riders can also employ Honda's exclusive Electric Shift Program (ESP) for easy shifts with the touch of handlebar-mounted buttons.
- New mapping for the Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) system improves power delivery and throttle response, and increases fuel efficiency for greater range.
- Handy TraxLok 2WD/4WD selector lever, mounted on the left-front panel, allows 4WD when needed for the tough stuff and 2WD when conditions permit.
- Stainless-steel exhaust system includes a USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler designed for quiet operation without servicing for long-lasting performance.
- Adjustable spring preload now featured on all shocks to allow suspension tuning to match varying loads and riding conditions.
- New enclosed-axle type swingarm with optimized stiffness for improved toughness and durability, and excellent handling performance.
- New rubber swingarm pivot bushings yield increased low-speed ride comfort and increased durability.
- Rear brake is now located inside the right rear wheel for improved durability and increased ground clearance.
- The new Rancher offers a tighter turning radius of 9.2 feet.
- All-new one-piece tank/side cover allows easy access (no tools required) for maintenance.
- New, aggressively styled bodywork also provides better mud protection.
- Revolutionary Electric Power Steering (EPS)EPS model only.
- New three-point mounting setup for the EPS system makes the entire steering mechanism more rigid for even more precise steering.
- Increased AC generator output of 450 watts to allow powering more electrical accessories.
- New Honda Phantom Camo blends into a wide range of field environments, and new Honda application procedures provide better graphic durability and improved resistance to fuel spillage.
- New meter display with added functions like a Maintenance Minder system that notifies when it is time for
- New fuel pump is derived from Honda automobile technology. It mounts in the fuel tank for better heat isolation and offers increased filter life.
- New plastic CV joint boots are more durable and tear-resistant.
- New sealed steering knuckle bearings for extended durability.
- Newly optimized rider triangle for added comfort.
- A 20mm (0.8 inch) increase in seat foam thickness and softer seat foam increase rider comfort.
- Dual front hydraulic disc brakes and sealed mechanical rear drum brake for strong stopping power.
- Full-length synthetic lower skidplate with integrated front brush guard.
- Front carrier capacity is 66 pounds and rear is 133 pounds.
Honda Genuine Accessories
Windscreen, Soft Rack Bag (front), Soft Rack Bag (rear), Fender Bag, Outdoor Storage Cover, Heated Grips, Plow Blade, Plow Push Tube, Plow Mount Kit, Winch Kit, Winch Mount Kit, Recoil Starter, 12V Power Outlet, Front A-Arm Guards, Aluminum Frame Skidplate, Side Pocket Net, Accessory Sub Harness
WARRANTY: Because we're so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine accessories, we're pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.