2014 Honda FourTrax Rancher 4x4 ES Features
10/4/2013 6:58:00 PM
Here's one of the most popular ATVs in the world: The 420cc FourTrax® Rancher® 4x4 with Honda's popular Electric Shift Program (ESP) that makes gear shifts as easy as touching a button. For 2014, the FourTrax Rancher 4x4 features an all-new chassis with a redesigned frame, new swingarm and new, longer-travel adjustable suspension for enhanced rider comfort plus outstanding performance over rugged terrain. This hard-running machine comes loaded with lots of additional features, including selectable 2WD/4WD TraxLok® with a torque-sensitive front differential and revised EFI mapping that improves the power deliver and smoothes throttle response while also increasing fuel efficiency for greater range. The new bodywork with distinctively aggressive looks also offers improved mud protection, and the one-piece tank/side covers allow easy access for maintenance. There's much more that makes the FourTrax Rancher 4x4 ES fun, efficient and simple to operate.
- All-new double-cradle steel frame developed with Computer Aided Engineering features increased stiffness (up 20 percent) for even more precise handling and a smoother ride.
- New front and rear suspension features an increase in travel to 6.7 inches at both ends plus new shocks for a plush and controlled ride.
- Honda TraxLok 2WD/4WD system offers two drive modes: 2WD and 4WD with TraxLok torque-sensing front differential.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with 848-pound towing capacity.
- Twin-headlight system has been redesigned and now features 35-watt headlights with a more focused light distribution pattern for improved visibility after dark.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina, using domestically and globally sourced parts.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Rugged OHV liquid-cooled, fuel-injected 420cc longitudinally mounted engine allows direct driveshaft alignment to both front and rear wheels for maximum drivetrain efficiency.
- Overhead-valve design provides compact engine dimensions for excellent ground clearance while maintaining a broad, easy-to-use powerband.
- Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch with a low-rpm engagement point for excellent driveability and towing capability.
- New mapping for the Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) system improves power delivery and throttle response, and increases fuel efficiency for greater range.
- Five-speed transmission with Reverse includes an ultra-low First gear. The Rancher 4x4 ES model incorporates Honda's exclusive ESP for easy shifts with the touch of a handlebar-mounted button.
- Handy TraxLok 2WD/4WD selector lever, mounted on the left-front panel, allows 4WD when needed for especially tough terrain and 2WD when conditions permit.
- Stainless-steel exhaust system includes a USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler designed for quiet operation without servicing for long-lasting performance.
- Adjustable spring preload now featured on all shocks to allow suspension tuning to match varying loads and riding conditions.
- New enclosed-axle type swingarm with optimized stiffness for improved toughness and durability, and excellent handling performance.
- New rubber swingarm pivot bushings yield increased low-speed ride comfort and increased durability.
- Rear brake is now located inside the right rear wheel for improved durability and increased ground clearance.
- The new Rancher offers a tighter turning radius of 9.2 feet.
- All-new one-piece tank/side cover allows easy access (no tools required) for maintenance.
- New, aggressively styled bodywork provides improved mud and water protection.
- New three-point mounting setup for the EPS system makes the entire steering mechanism more rigid for even more precise steering.
- Increased AC generator output of 416 watts to allow powering more electrical accessories.
- New Honda Phantom Camo blends into a wide range of field environments, and new Honda application procedures provide better graphic durability and improved resistance to fuel spillage.
- New meter display with added functions like a Maintenance Minder system that notifies when it is time for service.
- New fuel pump is derived from Honda automobile technology. It mounts in the fuel tank for better heat isolation and offers increased filter life.
- New plastic CV joint boots are more durable and tear-resistant.
- New sealed steering knuckle bearings for extended durability.
- Newly optimized rider triangle for added comfort.
- A 20mm (0.8 inch) increase in seat foam thickness and softer seat foam increase rider comfort.
- Dual front hydraulic disc brakes and sealed mechanical rear drum brake for strong stopping power.
- Full-length synthetic lower skidplate with integrated front brush guard.
- Increased ground clearance to 7.2 inches.
- Front carrier capacity is 66 pounds and rear is 133 pounds.
Honda Genuine Accessories†
Windscreen, Soft Rack Bag (front), Soft Rack Bag (rear), Fender Bag, Outdoor Storage Cover, Heated Grips, Plow Blade, Plow Push Tube, Plow Mount Kit, Winch Kit, Winch Mount Kit, Recoil Starter, 12V Power Outlet, Front A-Arm Guards, Aluminum Frame Skidplate, Side Pocket Net, Accessory Sub Harness
† WARRANTY: Because we're so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine accessories, we're pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.