You have arrived at this American Honda Motor Co., Inc. web page because
you received an email communication regarding recent unauthorized access to data.
Based on the recent data incident, it is not necessary to change your account password. However, should you wish to, you may take the following steps:
- Go to ahm-ownerlink.com or owners.acura.com.
- Click on Log In.
- Click on Forgot Password and follow the step by step instructions to create a new password.
Other related questions:
●Do I need to change my password for all Honda web sites?
The password needs only to be changed on one site. With our single sign-on feature, you can use the same log in to access your Honda or Acura web accounts.
●How do I know if I have been affected by this event?
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. has contacted all affected customers directly. If you did not receive an email directly, you are not affected.
●Have I been a victim of identity theft?
Based solely on the information that was accessed, it would be difficult for your identity to be stolen.
●Has any of my financial information been stolen?
No financial information was compromised.
●How did American Honda Motor Co., Inc. get my email information?
There are multiple ways in which you may have submitted information to American Honda Motor Co., Inc., including:
- Provided to an authorized dealer during a vehicle transaction
- Requested more information through an American Honda Motor Co., Inc. web site
- Established an online account with Honda Financial Services or Acura Financial Services
●What is being done to protect my personal information?
Law enforcement authorities have been contacted and an investigation is in process. Further, American Honda Motor Co., Inc. is taking steps to minimize this type of exposure in the future.
●What can I do to protect my information?
Be cautious of unsolicited emails requesting personal information. Often, these communications can look official. American Honda Motor Co., Inc. will not send emails requesting social security or credit card numbers or other personal information.
●What can I do to keep my online accounts secure?
Creating and maintaining strong passwords is a key to safeguarding your account. Below are a few suggestions.
- Use both numbers and letters, mixing upper and lower case.
- Passwords should be easy to remember but difficult to guess.
- Do not use easy sequences, (eg. "abcdef"), or repeated characters (eg. "111111")
- Keep passwords secret. Do not disclose to others.
- Do not write down passwords.
- If you must store your passwords, store them separate from your computer.
- Change your passwords frequently.
- Change your password immediately if you suspect that it might have been compromised in any way.
- Change initial or re-set passwords that are received from others (e.g. security administration) immediately after receipt.
- Do not change your password back to one that you have already used.
- Do not use one password across multiple sites.