2005 Honda FourTrax Rancher AT/FourTrax Rancher AT GPSCAPE Features
6/1/2004 5:25:02 PM
New SUV styling adds even more attraction to the world's best all-around ATV. A strong 397cc engine plus Honda's renowned automatic transmission power you on your adventures, and you can include an integrated GPS unit too.
Features & Benefits
New for 2005
- Silver wheels on all models.
- Powerful 397cc air-cooled OHV four-stroke engine uses Honda's proven longitudinal
mounting system for superior drivetrain efficiency.
SUV styling for a rugged, adventurous look.
- GPSCAPE® model features GPS unit with easy-to-read LCD display. GPSCAPE is contained within the standard meter assembly and features storage for up to 100 waypoints, digital compass function indicating travel direction and an automatic compensating clock. When traveling or returning to a designated waypoint, GPSCAPE will tell the rider distance and direction from present location.
- Powerful, rugged 397cc OHV air-cooled longitudinally mounted engine allows direct drive-shaft alignment to both front and rear wheels for improved drivetrain efficiency.
- Overhead-valve design provides compact engine dimensions for improved ground clearance, while maintaining a broad, easy-to-use powerband.
- Unique dry-sump oiling system places the oil tank inside the engine cases, lowering engine height and allowing optimum engine placement for excellent ground clearance and superb handling.
- Engine design produces low emissions and meets California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- Integral 20-watt electric carburetor heater improves driveability, ensures smooth operation and provides dependable starting in cold conditions.
- CD ignition with electronic advance for excellent performance and reliability.
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven counterbalancer reduce vibration.
- Standard oil cooler with cooling fan assures optimal engine lubrication under difficult operating conditions.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- Convenient electric starter, with auxiliary recoil starter and an automatic internal decompression system.
- Stainless steel exhaust header and muffler for superior corrosion resistance.
- Powerful, 322-watt AC generator.
- Reusable foam air filter.
- TraxLok™ system for convenient selection of 2WD or 4WD depending on the conditions.
- Torque-sensitive front differential reduces torque steer for less steering effort.
- The Hondamatic™ automatic transmission utilizes variable hydraulic pressure and mechanical torque amplification to provide seamless power delivery and excellent acceleration. Engine power drives a hydraulic pump. The pump, in turn, drives a hydraulic motor with variable fluid capacity. Utilizing pump and motor pistons and a variable-pitch motor-side-swash plate, hydraulic capacity and pressure are varied, producing continuously variable output speed. In addition, torque is increased as output shaft speed is reduced.
- The Hondamatic is fully sealed, compact and maintenance-free, with no belts to wear out and replace.
- The Hondamatic features true engine braking, unlike conventional belt-drive designs.
- Honda's exclusive Electric Shift Program™ (ESP™) allows the rider the option to "shift" the Hondamatic with the touch of a thumb using two push buttons mounted on the left handlebar.
- Rugged frame and suspension provide 7.2 inches of ground clearance.
- Steering mechanism design features light effort and a tight turning radius of 10.8 feet.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses premium shock absorbers to provide 5.9 inches of suspension travel for a plush, comfortable ride.
- Steel swingarm and single rear shock absorber provide 5.9 inches of suspension travel for superb comfort and compliance.
- Triple-sealed front hydraulic drum brakes and sealed mechanical rear drum.
- Tough, large-diameter, 24 x 8-12 front and 24 x 10-11 rear tires provide excellent ground clearance while maintaining precise handling.
- Multi-function LCD digital instrumentation that is compact, tough and waterproof, featuring large readouts for gear position, speedometer, odometer, resettable tripmeter and hourmeter/clock. Instrument housing includes LED lights for reverse, neutral, oil temperature warning and TraxLok indicators.
- Waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in temperature-type fuse.
- Large cargo racks front and rear carry payloads of 66 and 133 pounds respectively.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with towing capacity of 850 pounds.
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with 3.8-gallon capacity.
- Fuel gauge is standard equipment.
- Snorkel-type air intake system is specially designed for water crossings.
- Unique Honda-designed floorboards allow the rider's feet to grip the footrests, while keeping mud and debris away.
- Unique rear-opening storage compartment allows access when rack is loaded.
- Combination tail- and brakelight.
- Thickly padded seat provides all-day comfort.
- Standard over-fenders give excellent mud protection.
- Twin-headlight system with 30-watt bulbs features multi-reflector lenses for optimal light distribution.
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler.
- Constant-velocity-joint boot guards help prevent damage to boot covers.
- Tough 12 amp-hour maintenance-free battery.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Tough engine skidplate for underside engine protection.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Top-mounted choke lever for simple operation.
- Handlebar switches, controls and warning labels use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
- Standard tool kit includes a tire pressure gauge.
- G.V.W.R. is 1068 pounds.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance for ATV transport vehicle while ATV is being transported, one year complimentary subscription to Honda Red Rider ATV™ magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com), access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA. For dealers only, please call (310) 783-3958.
- Flag kit.