2014 Acura MDX Crash Warning and Mitigation Systems Recognized in New Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Test Program
9/27/2013 9:00:00 AM
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) today recognized the 2014 Acura MDX as part of a new effort to promote frontal collision warning and mitigation systems. The MDX offers a rich array of leading safety and driver assistive technologies including Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS) and Forward Collision Warning (FCW) that IIHS regards as important safety features.
For the third-generation 2014 MDX, introduced this year, engineers once again targeted top-level safety ratings including a five-star Overall Vehicle Score from the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), and a TOP SAFETY PICK+ rating from IIHS, including the highest rating of GOOD in the Institute's new stringent small overlap front crash test.
Forward Collision Warning (FCW) and Lane Departure Warning (LDW) are standard equipment on the MDX Technology Package and above grades, and the Collision Mitigation Brake System (CMBS) is standard on the Advance and Entertainment Package.
Key safety and drivers assistive technologies and features of the 2014 Acura MDX include:
- Available Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Available Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Available Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)
- Anticipated Five-Star NCAP Overall Vehicle Score
- Anticipated TOP SAFETY PICK+ IIHS safety rating
- Next-generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure
- World's first ultra-high strength steel, one-piece front door stiffener ring
- Available Blind Spot Information (BSI)
- Available Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Available Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow
- Pre-tensioning driver and front passenger seatbelts
- Driver's knee airbag and three-row side-curtain airbags
- LATCH child seat anchors in all second row seating positions
- Multi-View Rear Camera
- Available Front and rear parking sensors (4 front/4 rear)
- Expanded View Driver's Mirror
Acura offers a full line of technologically advanced performance luxury vehicles through a network of 275 dealers within the United States. The Acura lineup features six distinctive models including the RLX luxury flagship sedan, the TL performance luxury sedan, the TSX Sport Wagon and sedan, the ILX compact luxury sedan, the RDX luxury crossover SUV, and the all-new MDX luxury sport utility vehicle.
# # #